We will use 4”x6” American flags attached to 10” dowels and attach a solicitation explaining the sponsorship and how to donate. We will divide the city into neighborhoods and have a Band Booster assigned to be the neighborhood captain to coordinate the solicitations. Band students would be placing the stick flags in the yards by the mail box or the front doors.
The Neighborhood captain would do the following:
- Coordinate the placing of the solicitation flags in their neighborhood
- When a donation is received by the boosters
1. Add the registration form (provided by the chairman) to the neighborhood notebook
2. Ensure the receptacle is placed in the sponsor’s yard
3. Document where the receptacle is placed
- Coordinate the setting out and picking up of the flags over the designated holidays
We will be making receptacles out of PVC pipe. The pipe will be 1”Dx12”L long with a cap glued on one end and non-glued cap attached on the other so it is removable. We will use an auger and electric drill to make a hole in the sponsor’s yard and place the receptacle in the hole. We will have a sheet for each sponsor containing all their information as well as a drawing of where the receptacle is placed.
If you are interested in volunteering for this sponsorship drive, you may contact Scott or Nancy Maggard at (423) 782-0919 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Scott & Nancy Maggard